Fortis Law works with an experienced team of technical and specialist building and construction consultants to provide our clients with the necessary expertise to deal with any issues which arise in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
We assist at all levels of the contracting chain – including principals (property owners, developers, or occupiers), head contractors and project managers, subcontractors, consultants, and suppliers – and have particular expertise in front end and back end disputes.
We can advise you in relation to:
- project structuring, contract negotiation and preparation, tendering, construction insurance, compliance and risk management for commercial, industrial, retail, and residential developments and projects
- all building related litigation under the Home Building Act (NSW) and Design and Building Practitioners Act (NSW) in all major jurisdictions including claims for a breach of the statutory warranties and the statutory duty of care
- all matters relating to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (NSW), including payment claims and schedules, adjudication applications, responses and appeals
- claims and disputes concerning breach of contract, variations, delay, quantum meruit and multi-party liability
- dispute resolution in all Courts and Tribunals in Australia including mediation, arbitration, expert determination, and referee referral.
Discuss your matter with a legal expert
Contact us today to discuss how we can assist you.