We learn about your business, not just the matter at hand, so the advice and services you receive are tailored to your unique circumstances and goals.
For more than 40 years, Fortis Law has worked with corporate and commercial clients in Australia and overseas including large private businesses, listed companies, subsidiaries of multinationals and family-owned businesses to achieve commercially focused outcomes.Our commercial advice always considers our clients’ strategic objectives and operational requirements.
Our team can advise throughout the life of a business including from the start-up and development stage and can assist with structuring your business correctly from the outset. We work with established businesses to continue their path to success – identifying and addressing risk and working alongside clients to steer their business onwards and upwards.
In the event that a dispute arises, we recognise that there are various factors which ought to be considered such as time, costs and reputation, and how these factors will affect you and your business in the future. These factors must be properly considered and managed in any dispute. We take the time to know and understand what best suits you and your business ensuring we achieve the best possible outcome.
Should the unfortunate need for court intervention arise, our team has extensive experience in all Australian courts and tribunals. No matter is too big or too small for our team to handle and we have a proven track record in successfully representing clients in Court.
We support and assist businesses spanning different sectors in litigation and dispute resolution. We act on a vast range of dispute areas including shareholder, partnership and joint venture issues; trusts; property; banking and finance; contracts; leasing; insurance; employment relations and many more.
We can advise you in relation to:
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A), including negotiation and execution of M&A agreements such as asset sale agreements, share sale and purchase agreements and joint venture agreements
- buying and selling businesses and companies
- business and entity structuring and succession planning
- compliance, including regulatory, corporate governance and directors’ duties
- contract review, preparation and negotiation
- competition and consumer law, and ACCC issues
- franchise agreements, Disclosure Document and ancillary documents
- employment law compliance and employment agreement
- privacy laws
- intellectual property
- IT contracts
- terms and conditions (T&C’s)
- transport, plant and equipment and logistics contracts.
Discuss your matter with a legal expert
Contact us today to discuss how we can assist you.