Fortis Law’s Restructuring & Insolvency team is solutions orientated and can help your business, or you, to recover from financial distress. Our lawyers will assess your situation and work with you to achieve the best possible outcome.
Our great success in this practice area is reflected by continuous referrals and matters from Sydney-based insolvency practitioners and firms.
We can assist you in relation to:
- bankruptcy, receivership, voluntary administration and liquidation
- corporate recovery and workout arrangements and schemes of arrangement such as Deeds of Company Arrangement
- distressed and insolvent trading
- director duty breaches
- claim and recoveries associated with insolvent trading such as preference payments or unreasonable director related transactions
- corporate restructuring and turnaround
- property and leasing issues arising out of insolvency
- the sale of property and businesses for insolvent entities
- applications to the court for the appointment of a liquidator, provisional liquidator and receiver or trustee
- security enforcement
- priority issues arising out of competing interests of employees, creditors, registered and unregistered securities, liens and insolvency practitioners’ fees
- Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA) and retention of title issues
- management of businesses and assets
- licensing arrangements and agreements.
Discuss your matter with a legal expert
Contact us today to discuss how we can assist you.